Monday, July 16, 2007

Bryan Waites

Why did you choose the Estonia College Ministry trip?
Because I have a heart for college students and I wanted to partner with the church in Tartu to show the love and freedom we have by putting our faith in Christ.

In the spring of 2004, I graduated from Auburn and moved to Atlanta. Since then I have attended Buckhead Church and truly feel fortunate to be a part of what God is doing there. Through the church I have been blessed with an amazing group of friends and have had the opportunity to listen to inspiring teaching that consistently reminds me of my need for Him. As I grow closer to Him, my desire to spread the name of Christ to the ends of the earth also grows. Through prayer and patience, I now have the opportunity to fulfill that desire as I join the team going to Estonia to share the gospel and love of Christ.What is your favorite movie?
Forrest Gump

What is your favorite kind of music? Favorite artist or group?
Pearl Jam, Alan Jackson, Chris Tomlin, David Crowder Band

What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.

What is your favorite Bible verse? Favorite quote?
1 Cor 4:16-18... "Therefore we do not lose heart, though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary and what is unseen is eternal."

What are five words you would use to describe your faith walk thus far?
Humbling, hungry, passionate, thankful, ragamuffin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a dynamic guy,anxious to be the hands & feet of Jesus to those less fortunate.