Monday, July 16, 2007

Courtney Sams

Why did you choose the Estonia College Ministry trip?
I knew I wanted to work with students on a mission trip. I've volunteered with almost every age in between, but never college students. I really love knowledge and learning, so I'm excited to be around people who are surrounded by that kind of environment.

What is your favorite movie?
I have a lot of favorites. I would say right now my favorite movie is a 3 part series - The Bourne Identity, Supremacy, and Ultimatum. I haven't seen the last one yet, but I LOVE the other two... so I think it's safe to say it's my new favorite!

What is your favorite kind of music? Favorite artist or group?
I love all music! I found a mixed CD I made a couple years ago, and it was a mix of rock, rap, oldies, country, disco... even some Broadway show tunes. Usually, my favorite artist is whoever sings my favorite song of the moment. My favorite song we sing at church is "From the Inside Out."

What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
"Not making a decision is making a decision."

What is your favorite Bible verse? Favorite quote?
Bible Verse - John 16:33: "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
Quote - "Fight Apathy, or don't..." I know that's really dumb, but it makes me laugh every time. :)

What are five words you would use to describe your faith walk thus far?
Challenged. Persistent. Maturing. Unconditional. Powerful.

No comments: