Monday, July 16, 2007

Shannon Short

Why did you choose the Estonia College Ministry trip?
After an awesome experience volunteering last year as a family partner on a Lighthouse Family Retreat in Florida, I knew it was time to step out of my comfort zone and find a mission trip outside the United States. The next step was to decide where to go, but surely God himself would come down with a personal pronouncement as to where He wanted me to go, right? Of course, it didn't exactly happen that way! :-) I chose Estonia over other options for several reasons. I have never been to Eastern Europe, was drawn to the opportunity to work with college kids, and was excited about being part of producing a big concert event to launch the new college ministry for Risttee Church, among other things. I'm especially excited about working with these colleges kids who are the first living generation in Estonia to grow up outside Communist rule. They are like blank slates, open to ALL that life has to offer them. What a great opportunity!

What is your favorite movie?
It’s hard to choose just one. Savannah Smiles is about innocence and the fact that even the “bad guys” are good at the core. More recently Dreamer, which is about perseverance, hope and love – and victory!

What is your favorite kind of music? Favorite artist or group?
I really like pretty much anything except Rap, Heavy Metal, and other really extreme genres. I probably have to say my favorite artist is Vince Gill but I like SO many others too.

What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
If you never risk, you’ll never know.

What is your favorite Bible verse? Favorite quote?
Bible verse: Psalm 37:4 - Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. I just love the image of delighting in Him. That’s a big emotion!
Quote: Twenty years from now you’ll regret more what you didn’t do than what you did do.

What are five words you would use to describe your faith walk thus far?
Winding, True, Growing, Deepening, Gracious, Patient. I know...that's six. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear all about this experience-good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon,

Hope you all are doing well!!! Can't wait to see how God uses you to make an impact for His kingdom!!! You have so much to offer the Estonians!

Shine Brightly said...

Hi Shannon! I hope you're having a wonderful time in Estonia! Know that you're being covered in prayers this week. I can't wait to hear all about your experience when you get back. Love you and miss you much. Go and Shine Brightly! Jen

Anonymous said...

Hey, Shannon! : )

Glad to know you made it safely. You will continually be in my thoughts and prayers. I'll be checking in regularly for updates. Post lots of photos.

Hugs!

Your cuz,

Ellen